Thom Nguyen’s acupuncture philosophy: No doubt, conventional medicine is very helpful for many conditions, but it's not perfect. There are many problems that can't be solved, and there are many side effects that stem from the administration of medication. Oriental medicine treats many disorders by harmonizing our body's energy through the insertion of needles on specific body points. It also treats health issues with herbs, which are considered by many to be a safer alternative with fewer side effects.
Thom Nguyen is nationally board certified in acupuncture. He believes that oriental medicine complements conventional medicine in ways that help individuals maintain and maximize health.
- 2001–present: Supervisor, Acupuncture Program, UCLA Ashe Center
- 1996–present: Instructor and Supervisor, Emperor College of Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica
- 1993: Master’s degree in Oriental medicine, South Baylo University (USA). Specialty in women's health and pain management
- 1989: Diplomate in acupuncture (France)
- 1980: Licensed in acupuncture (Vietnam)
- 1979: Graduated as medical doctor (Vietnam)
To save this FAQ to disk, Right-click this button and select "Save Target As..."